In order to deliver its service correctly, Inline Events Limited trading as Lean On Me (Lean On Me) needs to gather and use certain information about you. This policy describes how this data may be collected, handled and stored to meet Lean On Me’s data protection standards – and to comply with applicable data protection laws.
All references to “you” or “your” mean you, the user of this service, and all references to “we”, “us” or “our” refer to Lean On Me.
This policy sets out Lean On Me’s rules on data protection and the legal conditions that must be satisfied in relation to the collecting, obtaining, handling, processing, storage, transportation and destruction of personal information.
This policy applies to all data that Lean On Me holds relating to identifiable individuals. This can include:
- Names of individuals
- Postal addresses
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Business promoters photo ID for the purposes of Anti Money Laundering documentations
Data Protection Law
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (“the Act”) describes how organisations, including Lean On Me – must collect, handle and store personal data.
These rules apply regardless of whether data is stored electronically, in paper files or on other materials.
To comply with these regulations, personal information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed unlawfully. Our priority is to protect, respect and recognise the importance of your privacy.
What are your rights?
- You have the right to request access to all data Lean On Me holds concerning you.
- You have the right to request rectification of any data Lean On Me holds concerning you.
- You have the right to request the erasure of any data concerning you; please note that the erasure of certain data may impact on the provision of our services.
- You have the right to data portability; this means that you can request for your data to be provided in a suitable format.
- Where consent is obtained in order to collect and process certain aspects of your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
How we collect your personal data?
- You or another person using our website (for example, someone who wishes to order a gift card for you) may give us identity data, contact data, financial data and profile data by entering the information on our website or give us in any other way, such as by communicating with us by post, email or telephone.
What information does Lean On Me collect and process about you and why?
Online Coupon issue:
- As a customer, in order to receive a coupon (see Coupon and Website T&C’s) we require certain information about you including your name, address, phone number, email address and the recipient that shall be used to pay for the voucher. We will not collect any special categories of personal data. Your Credit Card details will not be made available to us but may be retained by our Payment Processing Partners such as Stripe
- Lean On Me Participating Businesses (“PB’s”)
Contact information is collected about our PB’s to facilitate the sale of Coupons to our Customers. This may include personal contact details, such as names, email addresses, phone numbers and any other personal information reasonably required to facilitate completing the transaction.
- Personal Information may be viewed by members of the steering group/ In Line Events Limited and individuals affiliated or working with same in order to undertake the day to day administration of the platform . Other services including but not limited to Grid Finance Impact Limited and Elive Certain as well as necessary third party service providers such as Stripe, FIRE, AIB, Stubbs etc, to provide the administrative services facilitating the transaction between Customers and PB’s.
- On our website, and during the issuance of a Coupon, we may collect Cookies. These are minuscule parts of information that are stored on your computer’s hard drive by organisations that enables them to identify you when you visit their site. Any cookies used on our website will not contain personally identifiable information about you. Cookies do not contain information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details and we will not disclose the content of cookies to any third parties
How does Lean On Me use the information?
Online Coupon issue:
- To complete or support the issue of Coupon.
- Lean On Me will not contact you other than in direct connection with your Coupon or to respond to other queries you might raise with Lean On Me.
- To inform the PB’s of your order and to provide your Coupon details and limited information as is for them to reconcile your purchase and issue a Voucher within the Redemption Period.
- To pass on customer queries and relevant details to PB’s if necessary.
How long will we keep your data for?
Online Coupon issuance:
- Your personal data, other than your credit card information, gathered via the Website, including your name, address, email address and phone number shall be retained for no longer than 12 months from the date at which the PB re-opens its business post COVID 19 restrictions. Your booking reference number, in isolation from any other personal data, shall be retained indefinitely for statistical purposes.
Who has access to some or all of the information Lean On Me collects?
You can guarantee that under no circumstances will we sell or rent your information out to any third parties, and won’t give out access to your details for marketing purposes.
Recipients to whom we may disclose your Personal Data
- In order to fulfil the purposes for processing your personal data, as set out above, we may need to share your personal data when you register to receive a Coupon recording your transaction with the PB
- We may also share your personal data with selected third parties, including:
- with technical payments processor to enable payments authorisation;
- law enforcement or regulatory authorities requesting or directing certain disclosures your personal information from Lean On Me.
Data SecurityWe take all steps reasonably necessary to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
- Our site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Our secure server software (SSL) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet.
- All parties with access to your personal data are all subject to a strict duty of confidentiality.
External links to other websites
Transferring your details outside of the EU
- By offering your personal information to us, you are acknowledging that they may be transferred to locations outside of Ireland. This may happen if a server is located in a country outside of Ireland. We cannot guarantee that these locations have the same protection laws as we do when it comes to personal data.
- By giving us your information, you are agreeing to these terms. However, if we are aware of your data being transferred out of the country, we will make sure the right protection processes are in place to ensure your personal information remains as secure as possible, in line with what we have stated above. If you engage with our website while outside the country, then our data may be transferred internationally in order to provide you with the correct services.
What can you do if you have issues or want to exercise your rights?
You may contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. In particular, if you believe that our websites or systems have collected incorrect information or if you would like to dispute any information, please do not hesitate to contact us.